In 1865, when Cole & Wright began teaching law, students met in Wright’s Des Moines law office. (History of the Iowa Law School, 1865-2010, at 7). When the school moved back to Des Moines, classes were originally held in downtown Des Moines. In 1904, Cole Hall was built, providing the law school's first home on the Drake campus. Since that time, new Drake law buildings have been constructed, and students have also enjoyed learning opportunities around the world.
Drake campus buildings hosting law school classes:
1904-1938 Cole Hall
1938-1976 Carnegie Hall; Law Library remains at Carnegie until 1993
1976-present Cartwright Hall
1987-present Neal & Bea Smith Legal Clinic
1993-present Opperman Hall and Law Library