Resources to help you resolve a dispute without going to court. Compiled by the librarians at the Drake University Law Library and the State Law Library of Iowa.
Last Updated: Feb 26, 2013
Attorneys may also be able to provide additional options for resolving disputes without going to court.
- Attorney General's List of Complaint Resources
The Iowa Attorney General's office has compiled a list of resources for filing a complaint.
- Child Support Customer Services Unit, Iowa Department of Human Services
For issues involving the collection of child support payments.
- Citizens’ Aide/Ombudsman
515-281-3592 or 1-888-426-6283
For issues involving state or local government.
- Consumer Advocate, Iowa Division of Insurance
515-281-4038 or 1-877-955-1212
For issues involving health, life or auto insurance companies or policies.
- Consumer Protection Division, Iowa Attorney General’s Office
515-281-5926 or 1-888-777-4590
For issues involving consumer fraud, sales practices and advertisements.
- Iowa Board of Medicine
For complaints about doctors licensed in Iowa.
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission
515-281-4121 or 1-800-457-4416
For issues involving civil rights.
- Iowa Department of Workforce Development
515-281-5387 or 1-800-562-4692
For issues involving wage payment, unemployment claims and workers’ compensation.
- Iowa Judicial Branch: Attorney Discipline
To learn more about regulation of lawyers in Iowa or file a complaint against an attorney licensed in Iowa.
- Iowa Utilities Board, Customer Service Section
For complaints about public utility service.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman
515-725-3333 or 1-866-236-1430
For issues related to long-term care, including nursing facilities, assisted living programs, and elder group homes.