Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Virtually Browse the Library Shelves
Once you have found an item of interest, you may want to know what else is shelved around it. If you are off campus or the library is closed, it can be useful to know how to browse virtually, as explained on this page.
For this example, imagine you want civil RICO materials. You have already found one item of interest: Civil RICO: A Definitive Guide. The call number for that book is Law Library Stacks KF9375 .J67 2018
- Click on Browse Search in the navigation menu at the top of SuperSearch
- Use the Drop-down by Browse By to change from subject to Library of Congress call numbers.
- In the box where it says "Enter term," put the call number without Library or location name. In this case, use the part in bold:
Law Library Stacks KF9375 .J67 2018
- Click the magnifying glass to search.
- Use the page forward and back button in the lower right to virtually browse the stacks forward and backward.
Drake University Law Library • 2604 Forest Ave. • Des Moines, Iowa 50311-3014