Skip to main content
Guided Tour of the New SuperSearch
- Search Box. Enter your search terms here. If you enter more than one word, SuperSearch will look for results that contain all of your terms.
- Scope. You can specify the collections you want to search. "Everything" is the default and will search the library catalog and many library databases, enabling you to find both books and articles in a single search. Click on the box to the right of "Everything" to select another option: "In the Library" searches physical items in the Cowles and Law Libraries, "Course Reserves" searches for items placed on reserve for a course, and "EBSCO Resources" searches only the EBSCO databases.
- Search Button. After you have input your terms and selected what you want to search, click the "Search" button to run your search.
- Advanced Search. Click on "Advanced Search" for a guided form to help you construct your search. Enter search terms and limit by date, material type and language.
- Browse Search. After clicking on "Browse Search," you will first select the list to browse: subject, author, title or call number. Then input your terms, click search and you will get an alphabetical (or numerical) list starting with the term you input.
- e-Shelf. Save and organize items that you find when you search. (Must be signed in to use.)
- My Account. Review library checkouts, request renewals, place holds, and perform other activities related to your library account. (Must be signed in to use.)
- Sign In. Signing in with your Drake credentials provides access to licensed content, allows you to use the My Account and e-Shelf features (described above), and more. If you are on a public computer, remember to sign out when you are done.
- SuperSearch. Return to the main SuperSearch screen.
- Journal Finder. Display an alphabetical list of journals that offer full-text articles in one or more library databases.
- Citation Linker. Input a citation for a journal, article, or book and see where it is available in the library's physical and electronic collections.
- Law Databases. Display a list of the databases available at the Law Library.
- Help. Links to this guide, but don't forget you can also ask a librarian for further assistance.
Drake University Law Library • 2615 Carpenter Ave • Des Moines, Iowa 50311